It’s the first weekend of February, or otherwise known as, The Month of Love and with Valentine’s Day coming up, you may be anticipating a romantic date night or maybe a “Gal-entine’s” brunch with your girlfriends. Regardless, Valentine’s Day can be a fun time to show and be shown love and here at DEFINE foods, we have a couple ideas on how to make this Day of Love a little extra special.
What Says “Happy Valentine’s Day” Better Than Chocolate?
Fresh cut roses, candlelit meals, weekend getaways… These are all perfectly acceptable aspects of Valentine’s Day, but what’s more synonymous with love than chocolate? Chocolate-dipped strawberries, dark chocolate truffles, a classic heart-shaped box of chocolates… these are the things we immediately envision when thinking about Valentine’s Day. Knowing this, we’ve packaged our Superfood truffles into a gift box containing six of our guilt-free chocolate delights. Our truffles are created with libido boosting, stamina building maca powder, and endorphin boosting, energizing cacao. These two superfoods, in combination with sweet dates, nut butter, and vanilla essence create a sexy, healthy, and high vibrational Valentine’s treat that you can feel good about.
Love Starts With Yourself
Whether you’ve got plans for one or several this Valentine’s Day, be sure to show yourself a little extra love and attention. At DEFINE foods we love to practice self-care and pamper ourselves. If you’re flying solo this Valentine’s, go on and buy yourself a freshcut bouquet of flowers; take pleasure in picking out the flowers, the vase, the placement in the room. Next, brew a pot of rose-infused tea for an herbal drink that’s meant to beautify from the inside out. Run a warm bath with a few drops of your favorite essential oil, apply a new face mask, grab your book, and you’ll see just how luxurious a date night for one can truly be.
Dinner Idea for Two
If you’re looking to skip the dinner out and instead want to enjoy a cozy meal at home, then look no further. Whether your main dish involves a simply roasted filet or perhaps a delicate white fish, we have an extra special appetizer that’s sure to set the mood. Start your meal off with this bright, festive, PINK soup:
Beet Soup with Coconut Creme:
YIELD: 2 SERVINGS
- 2 medium beets, scrubbed and quartered 2 Tbsp olive oil
- pinch Celtic sea salt
- pinch freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 onion, thinly sliced
- 1 garlic clove, roughly chopped
- 1 small piece of ginger, roughly chopped
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 3-4 sprigs of fresh thyme
- 1/4 – 1/2 avocado
- 1 Tbsp tamari (or good quality soy sauce)
- pinch red pepper flakes
- juice from 1/2 lemon
- 2-4 Tbsp lite coconut milk
- Optional garnishes: toasted, chopped hazelnuts
- Heat oven to 375 °F.
- Toss the beets with 2 Tbsp olive oil, salt and pepper. Spread on a sheet pan and roast in the oven for about 45 minutes until fork tender. Set aside.
- Heat the remaining 2 Tbsp of olive oil in a medium saucepan on medium-high heat. Add in the onions and season with sea salt and pepper. Sauteģ until just cooked through, about 10 minutes.
- Add in the garlic, ginger and sauteģ about 5 minutes longer until the vegetables begin to stick to the bottom, stirring frequently.
- Add the vegetable broth and thyme sprigs. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer for about 15 – 20 minutes, until warmed through and flavored.
- Remove the thyme from the broth mixture. Puree broth mixture with the beets in a blender or Vitamix, along with the avocado,Tamari, red pepper flakes, and lemon juice until smooth. (Added bonus: blend 1 Tbsp sweet miso if you have on hand).
- Add a little water, if necessary, depending on desired thickness. Season with more Tamari, if needed, and blend once more. Divide the soup between 2 bowls. Stir in the lite coconut milk and garnish as you wish.
Recipes by Chef Erin Stewart ©